Post Operative Instructions
- Keep biting down firmly on the gauze swab which is in your mouth for the next 30 minutes.
- If bleeding continues, replace the gauze with a new one, or with a clean knotted hankerchief and bite down firmly.
- DO NOT SPIT OR RINSE! Wipe saliva away with a tissue or swallow.
- DO NOT SMOKE OR DRINK ALCOHOL FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS.
- REST! Do not do any heavy lifting, bending or jumping.
- Before the injection starts to wear off (approx 3 hours) after you get home, take a mild to strong pain killer eg. Panadeine, Mersyndol or Neurofen. Take any prescribed antibiotics until finished.
- Sleep with your head slightly elevated with 2 pillows covered with a towel overnight. This will help avoid bleeding. Do not have anything too hot or cold to eat or drink before bed.
- The following day, rinse gently with warm salty water at least 3 times a day after meals. Continue this for a few days after meals.
- You will have slight soreness & maybe a little swelling, but if you have constant throbbing pain, ring us immediately.
- Apply an ice pack for 5 minutes, every half an hour for half a day.
DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL US IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY DIFFICULTIES